Not Your Average Realtors®
We have extensive experience in business and academia. Our aggregate backgrounds span a broad range of education, experience and industries. It includes studies, undergraduate and graduate degrees from prestigious institutions in the United States, Germany and Perú in fields including Electrical Engineering, Economics, Sociology, Computer and Information Science, International Business, Marketing and Management.
We have worked in academia, health care, financial services, banking, insurance and real estate. Our work experience and personal relationships have given us opportunities to travel extensively for business and pleasure in the Americas, Europe and Asia. We are fluent in multiple languages. Along the way, we have worked as technical experts, administrators, managers, executives and consultants.
So maybe you are asking yourself: why are we in real estate now?
- One of us (Marilu) had built a business in real estate over many years.
- One of us (Cornelius) reached a point in a lengthy corporate career that called for something different.
- We decided to join forces because we enjoy the honorable activity of helping people buy their dream home or sell their house as their needs and life-stage evolve.
- We strongly believe that you deserve to be represented by Realtors® who have a strong business background and foundation and have your best interests in mind, not their own bank account.
- You should have knowledgeable professionals representing that have experience negotiating and don't just jump at the first opportunity, perhaps out of desperation.
- Buying a home or investment property is among the most expensive transactions the majority of people make in a lifetime. The professional representing you should be broadly experience, able to relate to your circumstances, financially savvy.
- Your agent should not just represent you but also guide, educate and advise you so you can make the best long term decisions for both your personal happiness and financial future.
- The real estate industry needs more professionals that have wide-ranging business and world experience; that understand the importance of top-notch customer service, communicate regularly, reliably and consistently.
- We enjoy what we do. It gives us the opportunity to meet interesting people in all walks of life while working entrepreneurially with substantial latitude and independence.
- We are engaged full time and actively seek to stay current and improve ourselves. Our success allows us to make the necessary investments in technology and education.
So indeed: we are not your average Realtors®. We are better.
We have been Tolland, Connecticut residents since 1983.
Marilu has worked as a Realtor® for more than 20 years. Prior to that she earned a bachelor's degree in Sociology, was the executive administrator of a University Executive Management training program and worked in retail. Throughout her career, she has focused on her customers: first getting to know and understand their priorities and drivers and then working with them on the appropriate strategies for buying or selling a home.
Cornelius has multiple undergraduate and graduate degrees, including in Computer and Information Science. His work experience spans education, financial services, health care and insurance. His roles have ranged from technical expert to senior executive positions such as Vice President for international IT infrastructure and Chief IT Architect at leading US insurance companies. Fluent in German and Spanish and substantial reading knowledge of French and Portuguese as well. Corporate business experience provides a unique vantage point in dealing with the financial, procedural and legal issues while relating well to clients. We have been able to implement systems, processes and new technologies which translate into ever-improving exceptional service to our clients.
Dedication, experience and plain hard work have allowed us to be among the top 2% of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network of agents. Some of our most recent awards:
Since 2010 Cornelius joined Marilu's ongoing business and we began to work as a team. Since then our business has expanded several-fold. Based on Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data we have ranked #1 in the Town of Tolland and also are in the top ranks for Tolland County. While most of our business is centered on Tolland County, it also reaches into Hartford, Middlesex and New London counties.
There are many qualities and skills that go into being an excellent real estate professional - integrity, in-depth community and market knowledge, marketing savvy, effective negotiation skills and a high-quality professional network, all of which are hallmarks of how I work.
That said, in our experience as real estate professionals, we have also found that providing the very best service is essentially about putting our clients first. This means keeping ourselves accessible, being good listeners as well as good communicators, and responding quickly to our client's needs.
This "client first" philosophy requires us to continually improve our skills and ways of doing business. In addition, we use the latest technologies to enable usto do everything we need to do much more quickly and efficiently. They've also helped us to extend the range of services we provide to our clients.
So when you decide that you'd like to buy or sell a home in the Tolland, Ellington, Coventry, Mansfield, Stafford, Somers, Willington, Manchester, Vernon areas, please contact us.